Running shoes Trail running shoes
Items 1-30 of 270
- Salomon Wildcross GTX Women£113.22Available sizes: 40 2/3, 41 1/3, 42
- Salomon XA Pro 3D v8 GTX Men£113.22Multiple sizes available
- Salomon XA Pro 3D v8 GTX Men£113.22Multiple sizes available
- Saucony Peregrine 11 Women£121.81Multiple sizes available
- Salomon Ultra /Pro Men£108.93 £130.39Multiple sizes available
- Salomon Speedcross 5 Women£113.22Available sizes: 41 1/3, 42 2/3+ meer + meer
- Inov-8 Trailfly Ultra Max G 300 Women£169.00Available sizes: 39.5
- Inov-8 Trailfly Ultra Max G 300 Men£169.00Available sizes: 45.5
- Saucony Peregrine 11 Men£121.81Multiple sizes available+ meer + meer
- HOKA ONE ONE Speedgoat 4 Chinese New Year Men£121.81Multiple sizes available+ meer + meer
- adidas Terrex Speed Pro Men£123.52 £130.39Multiple sizes available
- HOKA ONE ONE Speedgoat 4 (Wide) Women£121.81Available sizes: 38 2/3, 40 2/3, 43 1/3
- HOKA ONE ONE Torrent 2 Cotopaxi Unisex£113.22Multiple sizes available
- adidas Terrex Agravic GTX Women£121.81Multiple sizes available
- New Balance Fresh Foam More Trail Men£120.95 £138.97Multiple sizes available
- Under Armour Charged Bandit Trail GTX Women£87.48Multiple sizes available
- Altra Superior 4.5 Women£113.22Available sizes: 37.5, 38, 40.5, 42
- On Cloudultra Women£164.71Multiple sizes available
- On Cloudultra Men£164.71Multiple sizes available
- Inov-8 Parkclaw 260 Knit Men£126.10Multiple sizes available
- Inov-8 Parkclaw 260 Knit Women£120.09 £126.10Available sizes: 38.5, 39.5, 40, 40.5
- Inov-8 X-Talon G 210 V2 Women£120.95 £134.68Available sizes: 38.5
- Inov-8 X-Talon G 210 V2 Men£120.95 £134.68Multiple sizes available
- Altra Timp 3 Women£138.97Available sizes: 38, 38.5, 40
- Altra Timp 3 Men£125.24 £138.97Multiple sizes available
- Salomon Ultra Pro Women£108.93 £130.39Available sizes: 37 1/3, 39 1/3, 41 1/3, 42 2/3
- Salomon XA Pro 3D v8 GTX Women£132.10 £138.97Multiple sizes available
- Salomon Speedcross 5 Men£113.22Available sizes: 44, 45 1/3, 46 2/3, 47 1/3+ meer + meer
- Saucony Excursion TR 14 GTX Women£96.06Available sizes: 38, 40.5
- Saucony Excursion TR 14 GTX Men£96.06Multiple sizes available
Buying Trail Running Shoes
Trail running shoes are used for running on unpaved surfaces found in forests, on beaches or in fields. Good trail shoes have a structured profile on the outsole which ensures the right amount of traction during trail runs on dirt paths. Many trail running shoes feature a tight-fitting upper, which helps to keep out dirt. If that’s not enough, and you’d rather not have any dirt or moisture entering your trail shoes at all, you’re best off buying waterproof trail shoes with a GORE-TEX upper. Most trail running shoes are neutral shoes. Because of the sturdy outsole, trail trainers provide more stability during landing phase. Therefore a stability block is not necessarily required. Saucony is one of the few brands that does offer trail running shoes specially made for overpronating runners.
Where Will You Be Running?
When going off-road you are better off with off-road running shoes such as trail running shoes, cross country shoes or fell running shoes, but which ones should you get? There are different types of trail trainers which each offer a varying degree of grip. The right amount of traction during cross-trails is essential and helps prevent injuries. There are shoes for regular trails, extreme trails or trails for beginners.
- Shoes for trail challenges are lighter of weight and often have a lacing system. Salomon and Hoka One One’s trail shoes often feature such a locking system for the laces.
- Extreme trails ask for a rugged outsole which provides enough grip throughout.
- Shoes for beginning trail runners look a lot like regular running shoes, but offer far more grip.
Every trail runner has his own style, therefore there are a lot of different trail shoes. There is a difference between trail shoes for women and trail shoes for men. Men's trail running shoes, for example, are sturdier and slightly wider than women’s trail running shoes. Both types of off-road trainers, of course, offer sufficient cushioning and maximum comfort, so you can stay comfortable during your trails.
Trail Running Shoes: Upper and Outsole
The right amount of grip is of the utmost importance. Stability and grip ensure that you remain standing during your trail runs. A good landing phase with sufficient grip reduces the risk of injuries due to slipping. Therefore, pay attention to the grip of the outsole when purchasing fell running shoes. The more aggressive the profile, the more grip you will have on trails or boggy forest paths. A highly structured outsole is very suitable for extreme trails on very rough terrain. A wear-resistant sole with a lot of structure ensures rapid removal of dirt from underneath the shoes. This way you will maintain continuous grip throughout your trails.
The upper of trail running trainers is a critical part; it protects your feet against splashing water, rainfall, tree roots and other elements. When running muddy or sandy trails, you don’t want this dirt to end up in your shoes, therefore a lot of trail shoes have a sock-like fit, which snugly encloses the feet and helps to keep dirt out of the shoes. Many trail shoes also use GORE-TEX technology to keep the feet dry during trail runs. When you want waterproof trail running shoes opt for GORE-TEX running shoes. To protect the toes from the inescapable bumping into stumps or rocks, the nose of most cross-country running shoes feature a reinforced toe-box, toe bumper.
Which Brands Offer the Best Trail Running Shoes?
At 21RUN you will find the best trail shoes from several notable brands. Top brands such as Salomon, ASICS, Mizuno, Nike and Saucony specialize in trail running.
- For Nike trail running shoes have a look at the Nike Pegasus trail version of its very popular Pegasus shoe or at its Nike Wildhorse and Nike Terra Kiger trail shoes.
- Salomon doesn’t just specialize in trail running trainers, but also makes special clothing, running backpacks and other trail accessories. Popular Salomon trail shoes are the Salomon Speedcross and the Salomon Sense Ride.
- A popular Saucony trail running shoe is the Saucony Peregrine.
- Notable Inov8 models are the Inov8 X-Talon and the Inov8 Roclite.
- The HOKA ONE ONE Speedgoat is a famous model which is ideal for trail running.
Do you have questions about an upcoming cross or trail event which you are going to compete in? Then don’t hesitate to contact our customer service. We have a number of trail running specialists at work at 21RUN, who will be happy to help you purchase the right trail shoes or prepare you for upcoming runs. You can easily and quickly buy the best trail shoes online in the 21RUN webshop.